Solavei was launched in September 2012 and operates in partnership with T-Mobile. They offer a $49 per month, no-contract mobile phone plan for unlimited voice, text, and 2GB data. They use a customer-to-customer marketing model, paying customers on a recurring basis for referrals. As of May 2013, Solavei has paid out more than $10 million to its 180,000 members.more about Solavei »
Smartphone plan overview
Solavei operates on the GSM 1900 and UMTS 1700/2100 bands and is compatible with T-Mobile.
The best smartphone plan that we've located is the Unlimited plan:
- 2 GB data cap
- Unlimited minutes
- Unlimited text messages
- 'Social commerce' company offers contract-free cellular service - SunHerald.com
- Solavei signs up 250000 members and expands into new areas: Company now ... - GeekWire
- Solavei launches Marketplace loyalty program - FierceWireless
- Solavei Grows Strong in Many Busy Downtown Areas of Maryland - SBWire (press release)
- I've been a Solovei user for 6 months now, and am a happy camper. It was relatively easy to sign up and get started for this pre-pay newbie. No dropped calls. Only bummer is that the network isn't as extensive as Verizon's, which I was on before. But a $55 monthly bill vs $117 is well worth it!
- I tried signing up, but kept getting an error at checkout. There doesn't seem to be a support link anywhere to get help.