Straight Talk is an operator, through a partnership between TracFone and Walmart, offering a great value unlimited plan on AT&T and T-Mobile's GSM networks.
They offer one of the best value US prepaid plans for $45/month unlimited. They just announced that they are offering 3GB of high-speed data in their unlimited plans.
Currently they allow unrestricted tethering.more about Straight Talk »
Smartphone plan overview
Straight Talk operates on the GSM 850/1900, UMTS 850/1900, 1700/2100, CDMA 800/1900 bands and is compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile.
The best smartphone plan that we've located is the Unlimited 1 Month plan:
- 5 GB data cap
- Unlimited Nationwide minutes
- Unlimited Nationwide text messages
- Walmart Launches Straight Talk WiFi Mobile HotSpot In-Store And Online - PhoneNews.com
- Straight Talk To Launch Verizon-Powered Mobile Broadband Service Soon ... - PhoneNews.com
- Straight Talk wireless plan can save you money, but there are some downsides - WXYZ
- Best Prepaid Wireless Options for Your Nexus 5 - Droid Life
- yeah, u guys are probably right
- I am a gamer and no not an "expert" some blame on the site vs. computer. Always check and compare requirements of i phone and app. It makes a big difference.
- Free overnight shipping of the SIM card with promo code RMNST.
- I don't believe the 2.5gb cap. My straight talk data seems throttled all the time. My data monitor says I have used only 2.3gb of data since February of 2013 (it is now October). But my phone cannot seem to connect in any useful way. The browsing is bad, maps and gps nonfunctional, no streaming works, etc... I can use multimedia messaging which uses the data, so I know my apn connections are correct, but everything else is horrible.
- The throttling is confirmed to kick in after 2.5GB of data transfer in a month. Here's a source: http://phandroid.com/2013/09/30/straight-talk-2-5gb-data-throttle/
- They definitely throttle and it pretty much shuts down your ability to use the internet. They also refuse to acknowledge that they are throttling your service. Their customer service is based in the Philippines and they are clueless.
- Straight Talk is well priced, but they throttle their data at 240kbps constantly.